Enjoy this recipe from Chef Alan Yu.
400g Venison leg portions deskinned - cut into 2x2cm cubes
2 Egg whites
50ml Chinese yellow wine
15ml Sesame oil
13g Fine sea salt
1 tbsp Lite soy sauce
1.5kg White pepper freshly ground
4g Toasted cumin seeds
3g Toasted green Sichuan peppercorns
3g White sesame seeds (not toasted)
20g Corn starch
50ml Olive oil
150g fresh water at room temperature
Garnishing for stir-frying
Toast dry Chilli in a pan with a drop of olive oil
1 Whole red bell pepper, cut into chunks 2x2cm
1 Bunch of spring onions cut into 3cm lengths
50g Whole red chillis
1. Toast separately the sesame seeds, cumin seeds, then green Sichuan peppercorns and set aside for later.
2. Trim the venison and cut into 2x2cm cubes, place in a mixing bowl
3. Add the wet ingredients to the venison and mix well
4. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Continue to mix with a spoon or spatula until the meat builds absorbs the seasoning.
5. Once the meat has completely absorbed the liquid, add 150g fresh of fresh room temperature water, continue to mix until the meat has well-absorbed the liquid again.
6. Let it marinate for up to 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
1. In a large sauté pan, add about 400ml of the olive oil and heat to high heat.
2. Drop the venison cubes into the pan piece by piece, searing all sides until nice and golden.
3. Then drop the bell peppers and scallions until softened, strain out the oil.
4. In another pan, sauté the red whole chillis, then stir in the venison with a quick stir. Then it's done.
5. Put it on the plate and serve.